Wednesday 26 August 2009

wHy X FaCtOr iS ShiTe!!

X Factor - Where to start...I detest this programme with a passion. I don't understand why anyone with any taste in music or compassion for other humans could watch this and enjoy it? Not to mention Simon Cowell!! T.W.A.T.!!
Let me qualify what I mean...

1) This programme reinforces bullying by humiliating people who sometimes have learning difficulties for others entertainment.
2) It is designed to patronise so called working class people with the dream that they can escape their own lives by winning this competition. Another example of this is the Lottery which is a tax on the poor. (this has been proven by research-demographics etc)
3) I would have no problem with this programme if they showed people who had already qualified beforehand eg. they could sing.
4) The people they pick have been watched 2 or 3 times before they are put on TV so they know exactly how bad they are..They just want to humiliate them for entertainment.
5) I use this as a lesson I teach and I am shocked at the reactions that I get from students, how cruel they are...What sort of society do we want to create? Remember this is one of the most popular programmes on TV.
6) Saturday night TV X-Factor, Lottery - lets create a society that doesn't need to work hard because they can win the Lottery or X-Factor? Lets not think about working hard...Bands have to learn how to play instruments and play gigs and work hard to be successful..Life is tough for most people.
7) When you are sat on the sofa with your glass of wine on a Saturday night does it make you feel better about yourself watching people who are clearly talentless, desperate and willing to humiliate themselves in front of millions of people to give you a laugh?
8) If a group of kids were humiliating one child would you stop them? Would you think it was wrong to encourage such behaviour? What if your child was one of the group humiliating and bullying one child? I have no idea how people would answer these questions but I would like to think most people would think it was wrong!!

I like every person have a choice not to watch this programme and I choose not to. If people choose to watch, then they are more than entitled to if they enjoy watching this s##t!!! I don't understand why anyone would watch this programme with an ounce of compassion in them??
I have much better things to do on a Saturday night.

I know people will say it is just a bit of fun but it isn't in my opinion. This programme is endemic of the society we live in. Sad indeed!!! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment