Tuesday 25 August 2009

MoViNg - AgAiN


Moving - I seem to be permanently on the move at the moment!! I am just sorting out moving for the seventh time in just over a year and a half. They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do in your life..I must love the stress??? I am also moving office at work as well, which came out of the blue... fun fun fun. The thing I find hardest about moving is what to keep and what to throw away. Slowly but surely I am getting less and less possessions...easier to move..but what should you keep ? For example, Mr Bully in the picture. Somebody went on holiday and they bought me a wind up bull as a silly present. I never really knew the person that well at the time so it was a little bit of a nice surprise that they had thought of me on holiday, enough to buy me a silly present. Knowing this person a lot more now I know they would have put alot of thought into this. Everytime I wind the bull up I think of that person. So even though to most people it is just a wind up bull to me it is something that somebody bought me when they were thinking about me in a nice way and it makes me smile and think of them. I think from my experiences over the last couple of years we keep things that have meaning to us as individuals, whatever they are. e.g. my Accrington Stanley hat, I never really wear it any more but my mother bought it me so I have it in my office as a reminder of her. Reading this makes me realise what a sentimental person I am.This can be a good and bad trait but I quite like the fact that such a small thing can make me think of someone that I don't see very much, so I will be keeping Mr Bully a little bit longer...I have just wound up 'Bullseye' and he still works a treat!! It has made me think of the person that bought it me and made me smile..I am a dick!!! :-Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment