Tuesday 18 August 2009

MaNcHeSteR


Manchester - I fookin love it!! Always have..From the age of 14 I have visited Manchester on a regular basis. From the music scene, gigs, nightlife, fashion, attitude and the people it is the place I identify with the most. The way the city has redeveloped over the last 10 years is amazing. If you have never been to Manchester I would highly recommend it. The Northern Quarter is just the best place to spend a day/night. It is full of independent bars and shops. One of my favourite places to go to when I visit Manchester is the Vintage Cafe on the top floor of Afflecks Palace. Described as
'Afflecks is an emporium of eclecticism, a totem of indie commerce and above all else a fantastic place to SHOP for any thing from Top hats to tattoos.'
I love to just sit in the cafe and pass the time of day while doing a little people watching. the strangest people pass through. Makes me feel soo normal. The place itself is going through a renaissance and is the liveliest I have seen it in a long time. I purchased some great stuff yesterday!! Some of the best ties ever at a fraction of the price and an authentic 80's digital watch!very nice.
As far as identity is concerned the music that has come from Manchester is by far the most important of the last 30 years in my opinion. From Joy Division/New Order, The Stone Roses and Oasis they have had a massive cultural impact on England not just Manchester. I'm not interested in that football club but I guess a few people are!!
I miss spending time in Manchester and after this weekend I will be rectifying that as much as possible. :-Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment