Thursday 27 August 2009

InGLouRiouS BaStErDs - 2


The two stunningly beautiful actresses from Inglourious Basterds!!
They both portray really strong and powerful characters in the film not just typical weak Hollywood females. Tarantino has a real eye for beautiful and powerful women, eg.Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. I will qualify this by example. I went to see Coco before Chanel at the cinema a couple of weeks ago. I was tricked!! I thought I was going to see Mesrine!! It starred the beautiful Audrey Tautou of Amelie fame. The Coco Chanel story is an interesting story but they have made the story all Hollywood friendly. She was obviously a very strong person but the over riding feeling you get from the film is that she was reliant on men. It feels as if the filmakers have over emphasised the romance element of the film to appeal to a certain audience ie. mainstream. You come away with the impression that she was seeing a married man so how strong a female could she have been? Unless you believe in the notion that you only truely love one person ever? If that is the case then why didn't he love her the same way? Again, you should go and see the film yourself as it is beautfully shot but if I had to give it a mark it would be 3/10 for me. I went and got another pint half way through!! :-Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment