Sunday 9 August 2009

MeTaMoRphFaCe 4



This picture was taken when I had fallen off my bike at about 30 miles an hour. I was doing an interval session when a rabbit shot out from the side of the road. I was fully extended on tri-bars and lost my balance falling onto the road head first. Fortunately I had a helmet on which split in two when I hit the road. I was very lucky! I can't remember how long I was unconcious for but when I came to I was led on the road. I got up and cycled to the nearest village where I got picked up. While I was waiting to be picked up at least 5 or 6 cars stopped to ask if I was ok. I said I was fine I was waiting for someone to pick me up and thanked them for their concern. I had no idea how I bad looked until my x picked me up and the look on her face said it all!! When I got home I wanted to take some pictures so I could see how I looked to others. I now have a scar near my left eye which is part of me forever. It will always be part of my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment