Wednesday 5 August 2009

MeTaMoRphFaCe

Started working on an art project...the first theme is identity. Each person involved choses a way of showing what they see as identity. I have chosen to call my work Metamorphface. Following in the footsteps of Kafka's Metamorphasis. What would happen if your face changed? I see this as a social experiment in altering perceptions! I thought this would be an interesting aspect of identity. The majority of people I know are on facebook, twitter or myspace where there is a picture on your profile. Usually a picture of your face. This is one I have on at the moment on my facebook page. It is a picture of me at Leeds Festival 2007. The thinking behind this process is first impressions count so why would I put a picture up of me with face paint on?? I obviously don't look like this every day :-D What do I want people to think? Why do I want them to think that? Who am I? Over the next few weeks I will metamorphface....

No comments:

Post a Comment