Saturday 24 October 2009

ShOrT FiLM ProJeCt

Film Club

I have been attending a scriptwriting course at the Broadway Cinema. I call it 'Film Club' because it makes it sound lots more mysterious and interesting than scriptwriting. The first rule of film club is.......
I am three weeks in now and it has been really eye opening and lots of fun! For the first time in ages I feel like I am learning something new. We have been doing the basic film synopsis stuff which I covered at Uni and analysing short films. The 2 shorts we have analysed so far are;

The Last Farm by Runar Runarsson





The Little Terrorist by Ashvin Kumar

 



The guy who is running the course is called Graham Lester George who has hand picked these two films for a variety of reasons. The Last Farm is bleak as fook and there is very little dialogue. It is in Icelandic with subtitles. The end of the film is haunting to say the least. The Second film, The Little Terrorist, is what I would call an 'innocence of children' film. What I mean by that is that the film looks at a really complicated issue (the whole India/Pakistan hatred of each other) but through the eyes of a child who really knows nothing about the world at large, just how this affects his day to day life. It reflects on how we become as we get older. The link is above. Watch it let me know what you think? I thought it was an excellent film and shows how much you can do with the medium!! I have about 4 ideas for making a short film already.... :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment