Wednesday 29 July 2009

EeeLs EeeLs EeeLs


How a picture tells a story...Jellied Eels..a culinary delight.. Mmmmmm!! lolol!!I have a local pub called' The Goose'(that is another story!) and like any pub it has its regulars. One guy is nick named 'Paul the Concrete.' He is a bit of a crazy old northern guy displaced in the Midlands...A bit like myself! Anyway, he is the sort of guy who can get his hands on most things and is also a keen fisherman! My friend she did pester and pester the poor guy for jellied eels...then one day I came home from work and a bag was tied to my backdoor handle..like something out of Withnail and I..he had visited, I wasn't in so he had tied them to the door handle!! They looked and smelled horrendous!! A description...The dish is traditionally prepared using the freshwater eels native to Britain. Typically, the eels are chopped into rounds and boiled in a fish stock with nutmeg, lemon juice and a mirepoix before being allowed to cool. The eel is a naturally gelatinous fish so the cooking process releases fats into the liquid which solidify on cooling to form a jelly, though gelatin may be added in order to aid this process. It looks like bits of cartilage in frog spawn!! My mate is such a, I will eat anything type of person, in a sort of big headed look at me way!! lol !! :-D I knew even she would find these repulsive..I of course would revel in the fact she was just a big mouth who didn't back up what she proclaimed!!I was going to love this opportunity, oh yes!! mwa mwa!! The moment of truth came..I ate a whole piece..fook it is rank if you are wondering..but that is not why I ate it.. then she bit a little piece off and nearly threw up on the spot!! victory was mine..I would have bragging rights for the next week at least!!! She was humbled by the jellied Eel!! The point of this tale is that 1) Whenever I look at this picture it makes me smile 2) Whenever I think of jellied eels I smile 3) I will never eat jellied eels again 4) I will never forget my friends face when she ate the jellied eel 5) It is one of the memories that will always make me think of her even in 20 years time 6)Why do friends enjoy torturing each other in a good way? 7) I would never have tried jellied eels if it wasn't for my friend 8) Different friends make you do different things ie. some friends you do sensible things with..some you do daft things with!! different friends for different purposes! 9) What would the world be like without your friends? not nearly as good 10) Friends...I love em!! In fact I am just going to text my mate just to remind her of the jellied eels!! mwa mwa mwa :-Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment